Sunday, September 30, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 87

Day 87 – 

Today was not a good day. It started out okay. I had my coffee. I had to work for a couple hours.
When I got home I made myself a nice healthy chicken salad. It had some cheese and pecans and it was yummy.

That’s when my day started to take a turn downhill. My husband and I got ready to attend a football game. We put on our college colors and headed out the door. It was hot out. There was so much fun college atmosphere in the air. We were both really tired of our diet. 
My first bad choice was to have a regular beer, not a low carb one. I checked online and they have 6.5 carbs, so not terrible but that isn’t where our evening ended.
When we got to the game we walked up to the snack bar and all I could see and smell was the yummy popcorn. It has been so long since I’ve had popcorn. Peter had two regular hot dugs, and yes that was with the bun and all. I thought I was being smart and would get the bratwurst. Well it wasn’t very good, boiled not grilled and despite removing a bunch of the bun I did eat probably 1/3 of the bun. A quick check indicates that a hot dog bun is about 21 carbs so I would guess I ate 8-10 carbs. 

Sitting in the stands watching the game Peter asked if I wanted anything else and I blurted out – “Yes I want popcorn”. I knew I shouldn’t but I really wanted some. Despite doing so well on the diet I just wanted the sweet, salty crunchy feel of popcorn.  Peter came back to our seats with a big bucket of popcorn. We both had a bunch and I enjoyed it, all the while feeling guilty for allowing myself the indulgence. There are 21 grams of carbs in ONE ounce of popcorn, so needless to say we were way over our limit for today. 


I think being so close to the end of my 100-day commitment has me feeling a sense of frustration for these 100 days to be over already. Even with this poor choice today, I have been consistent on this diet. I know that once night of a few too many carbs from a beer and some popcorn is not the end of the world, but the concern is that allowing myself one indulgence could lead to another…and another and all my hard work could vanish. I will not do that. I will get back to my good eating choices and keep working hard to get the weight off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment