Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 70

Day 70 – 

I started the day with a quick cup of coffee and then headed to work for a few hours.  I ran around and did a few errands, including a much-needed trip to the grocery store.  

It is hard to always stay motivated and today I really struggled while walking through the grocery aisles. The bread, the chips, the crackers, the cereal – it all seemed to be calling out to me.  I filled my cart with so many great things, lots of cheeses and loads of vegetables, but I will admit it is really hard walking by all the things that I shouldn’t eat. 

When I got home I quickly re-heated my leftover mashed cauliflower. It was still yummy.
Even though Peter is gone, I am still trying to make a good effort to make really healthy Keto dinners, so tonight I used some leftover chicken and made myself the Keto Chicken Enchiladas with rolled cheese shells. They were so good I had four of them. 
I was full and feeling lazy and it was hard to motivate myself to get up and go workout, but I knew that I had not been there for the past two nights so I grabbed my tennis shoes and headed to the YMCA. I did my usual 35 minutes on the treadmill and I really can feel that I am getting in better shape, I am able to walk at higher speeds without any ankle or knee pain so that is great. I am looking forward to the weather cooling off just a bit so I can begin to go on walks with my dog again soon. 

Seeing positive results on the scale, or the fit of my clothes or being able to handle higher speeds on the treadmill are the kind of things that help keep me motivated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment