Sunday, September 16, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 73

Day 73 – 

I feel like I do much better during the week because weekends tend to have more social activities and much more opportunity to struggle with staying Keto. 

This morning I got up and had my coffee and began doing some chores around the house. Sometime in the mid-morning I had one of the chocolate fat bombs that we made. I am not entirely sure how long they can last but it was still good.

Later I had to go over to work for a little while, and after that I was hungry so I stopped at a McDonalds drive through and ordered a plain quarter pounder with cheese. I removed the bun and just ate the burger patty. It is surprising how that actually does satiate you enough to make it until dinner.

Immediately after I went to a fun political event. It was a mixer and a rally. I enjoyed sitting with friends and learning more about the important issues and candidates. I was planning to go right home after the event, but my friends asked if I would go with them to a local brewery that was only a block from where we were. It's a place I really like so I relented and decided to join them. 

It was a struggle to stay Keto because there were no low carb beer options and this brewery makes really great beer so I decided to indulge and had an Octoberfest. It tasted amazing. We all chose something to eat. I was considering wings because the waitress assured me the wings there are not breaded but I decided on a Cobb style salad. The only challenge was that the salad was topped with fried chicken, which was breaded. I did try to avoid eating as much breading as I could, but basically my meal was not exactly Keto. It was however delicious.  

Despite not being perfect, I am still doing well on the scale, slowly going down by just a little bit each day. I have not been to the YMCA for a couple days, but it's okay. I have been active and busy so that helps.  

Having stuck with this diet for 73 days now with only minor cheat episodes I still feel pretty good about our accomplishments. This isn’t a sprint, it’s a marathon and at this point I am working on how to really incorporate our new low carb lifestyle in a way that is healthy and sustainable so we can ultimately reach our goal weights. 

1 comment: