Sunday, September 23, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 80

Day 80 – 

While I didn’t make it around the world, for the past 80 days I have stuck with the Keto diet and with just a couple rare exceptions I have stayed very true to this diet. I had hoped that my weight loss to this point might be much bigger, but I am pleased overall at my results. With only twenty days left of my 100-day commitment I have every confidence that I will finish strong.  


Today, along with my coffee, I started my day with a big breakfast of bacon and scrambled eggs. Peter tends to put way too much food on my plate, so I only ate about half of the eggs that he gave me. We all have to learn that it is OKAY to not finish all the food on your plate. If you are full STOP EATING. 

After breakfast I jumped in the car to attend an all day Democratic state meeting, which was over 2 hours away.  I was still full from the big breakfast so I did not have the lunch when I got there. I also did not get the lunch because there was very little of it I could actually eat since it consisted of a big sandwich and a bag of chips. I also had to decline when friends offered cookies and other snacks they had packed for the meeting. I don't want to be rude, but my health is more important than worrying if someone will be upset that I don't want their kindly offered snacks. 

Fortunately the meeting didn’t last too long and I was on my way back home by 4:00. I was a bit hungry at that point so I went ahead and stopped at fast food, ordering a cheeseburger of which I ate only the patty, and threw away the buns.  It was enough to get me through the drive home.


For dinner I ate the second half of a big burger Peter had made for himself with mozzarella cheese inside. I also made myself some steamed broccoli to go with it.  


I rarely do this, but since it was a weekend I treated myself to a small bowl of the low carb ice cream that I bought for Peter. Its okay to have dessert once in awhile, especially if it is a good choice like this low carb ice cream.

I did not get a chance to go workout today, but I will make time for a visit to the YMCA tomorrow. 

4 comments:

  1. You are gaining willpower and knowledge about yourself. Well done! Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alana, It is hard work but I am so glad I am doing this.

      Delete
  2. Men are good at sabotage like putting too much on your plate. Good you resisted the temptation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca, I don't think it was intentional sabotage, my father was also very heavy-handed with portion sizes. They are just used to eating more and don't realize how carefully women have to watch our portions.

      Delete