Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 75

Day 75 – 

Wow - I am ¾ done with my 100 days! That is pretty impressive.  This morning I grabbed some coffee and ran out the door to go to work. I packed a really quick and light lunch, once again including a cut up cucumber and a couple cheese sticks. After over-doing it during the weekend I wanted to get back to my healthier choices and portions. I had one of the nut bars for an afternoon snack.

 When I got home I finished up some chores and then made myself a healthy dinner. I started with a couple chicken breasts. I made up a mixture of mayonnaise (about 2 tablespoons) and spices (salt, pepper, garlic, onion and Penzies Italian seasoning) and then added some shredded Parmesan cheese. I mixed all of those together and put a spoonful on top of each chicken breasts, which I then baked at 375 for about 30 minutes. While that was cooking I sautéed some cauliflower rice in a pan until crispy. I always add some garlic to the butter as I am cooking, to give the cauliflower more flavor. 
 I was hungry and it tasted great. After dinner I decided to head over to the YMCA to go workout. I had already walked a ton at work so I decided to focus on the stationary bicycle and I rode for about 40 minutes while I listened to an audio book.
I did walk a bit more and actually made my 10,000 step daily goal so my fitbit sent happy green notifications. One of the things that I noticed was moving at least 250 step every single hour except one. 

I did talk with Peter about possibly getting an Apple watch at some point in the future. I do like my basic fitbit, but there are some cool functions available on the Apple watch that I don’t currently have, like reminders to get up and move when I have been sitting too long, and the new Apple watch does amazing things regarding monitoring your heart rate. 

I watched an incredible video on Facebook today that discussed how great exercise is for your mind, not just your body so that just made me more motivated to keep on exercising.

Every single day it is a choice to eat right and exercise and some days those choices are much harder than others, but I am excited about the results so far and that helps to keep me on track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment