Friday, September 21, 2018

Our Keto Journey Day 78

Day 78 – 

I grabbed my coffee and headed out this morning, but luckily I only had to work for a few hours. I had one of the Nut Bars for a morning snack, and when I made it home I heated up the last of the leftover chicken for my lunch.

I decided to try another new recipe for dinner. I spiralized two zucchinis and set them out to dry for a while. 

Here is the recipe:
Ingredients
   4 Zucchinis
   1/2 stick of butter
   2 cloves of garlic
   1 cup parmesan cheese
   salt
Instructions
1 Turn zucchini into noodles using a julienne peeler, spiralizer or veggetti.
2  Put zucchini noodles into a colander and salt liberally let sit for 20 minutes (very important!)
3 After 20 minutes, rinse and pat dry with a paper towel
4 Melt butter and the garlic in a skillet or sauté pan
5 Sauté noodles over med-high heat for 4-5 minutes
Remove from heat and mix in Parmesan cheese

*for the recipe check this website:
This is how the Zoodles looked on the website
This is how my dish came out – not quite the pretty dish they showed. My cheese melted too much and I had a lot of moisture in my pan, but they tasted great. 

I actually ate too much because it was so yummy and I was hungry, so after dinner I really didn’t feel like going to workout. I laid on the sofa and snuggled with my dog while watching TV for a while but after an hour I decided that whether I feel like it or not, I need to go workout so I headed to the YMCA.
 I started on the treadmill and walked for a little over 30 minutes.
Then I did the stationary bicycle for another 10 minutes. 

I have tried to make sure my workouts are at least 35-45 minutes long. 
I decided to go check my weight since it had been a while since I checked and …..

I have now lost a total of 21 pounds! I was hoping that it would be more, but it is still a great number. 



No comments:

Post a Comment