Monday, September 24, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 81

Day 81 – 

Weekends can be great for diets but they can also be full of struggles. After a relaxing morning with my coffee, Peter and I went out to the grocery store and then came home to watch football on TV. 
I found these fun drinks at the store and decided these would be a good alternative to beer or wine while watching the game.
They taste great and they are only 2 carbs for the whole can. 
Peter decided to make bratwurst and we also made some Sauerkraut, which is very low in carbs. Other than the bun this is exactly what we would be having on any normal football Sunday, so staying Keto isn’t that difficult. 
The biggest problem for me is that I really wanted to eat some chips. I really miss chips, especially while watching a game. I decided to make myself some cheese ‘chips’ and while they did taste good they were not quite the chip feeling that I was longing for. For me, the hardest part of Keto is not having crunchy foods like chips, pretzels and crackers that I love.  I do use nuts for crunch but it is something I really miss.  
To make these cheese chips just take a small amount of cheese into piles on some parchment paper and bake at 400 degrees for approximately 5-6 minutes. My chips came out a bit large but you can make them any size that you want.  

After the game we watched a movie together and I was so tired from getting up several times during the night with my dog that wasn’t feeling well so I actually fell asleep and I slept through dinner. I guess that is one way to do an intermittent fast. 

Needless to say I did not make it to the YMCA, but I really needed the sleep and sleep is incredibly important for weight loss.



1 comment: