Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 83

Day 83 – 

Although my schedule is pretty hectic, I do try to schedule at least one day a week where I can stay home and catch up on dishes, laundry, chores, etc. Today was my day to stay home, or at least I was hoping it would be.
 I took my time enjoying my coffee and mid-morning I decided to make myself a healthy breakfast. I cut up some ham and made myself some scrambled eggs with ham and cheese. I mixed a tablespoon of cottage cheese in with my eggs and it came out fluffy and great. I only used 2 eggs but it looked like much more. 


I worked on chores; laundry, dishes, etc. and I got the chance to focus on some office work and phone calls. I wound up with a last minute appointment however, so I had to run upstairs and jump in the shower to make it on time. 

After work I met with one of my fabulous friends to plan our upcoming trip to Thailand. I am so excited. I can absolutely guarantee that I will not be worrying about staying Keto while in Thailand. Part of the adventure of traveling is eating all the unique foods from that area. I am not overly concerned about gaining a bunch of weight because travel also involves a lot of walking and activity. 

I did order a fantastic salad and although it had some small cut up pieces of pear, everything else in the salad was Keto friendly, as well as delicious. 

When I got home I relaxed with Peter and treated myself to a small amount of dark chocolate (about 6 squares), he helped himself to a bowl of the low carb ice cream. I really do believe these small indulgences are what keep us doing so well on our diet. I am much less likely to need to ‘cheat’ when I allow myself to have a treat once in awhile, and these treats are appropriately low in carbs. 
Not only that, but chocolate, especially dark chocolate has a whole bunch of health benefits.

7 Proven Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate:
·      Very Nutritious
·      Powerful Source of Antioxidants 
·      May Improve Blood Flow and Lower Blood Pressure 
·      Raises HDL and Protects LDL From Oxidation 
·      May Reduce Heart Disease Risk 
·      May Protect Your Skin From the Sun 
·      Could Improve Brain Function

For more info check out this blog post https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/7-health-benefits-dark-chocolate

I do need to be more consistent with exercise, but life always seems to throw a curve ball. I had planned to exercise in the afternoon but then wound up with a last minute work thing. I know that is an excuse and I could wake up early and exercise or find another time to go. I like when I can build exercise into my normal activity, but it really is up to me to MAKE myself commit to go to the YMCA at least every other day, especially if I want to be in good shape for my upcoming trip.

3 comments: