Saturday, September 1, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 58

Day 58 – 

There are so many excuses when it comes to dieting – I know because I used all of them, but I am excited right now because I have stopped using excuses and I am continuing to see results. It is hard and there are times I feel frustrated at the very slow pace of weight loss, but every small victory gives me hope and motivation to continue.  

I have been having so much fun playing with my grandson the past few days. We get so busy playing that I hardly have time to think about eating. Today I made scrambled eggs again for breakfast, this time I included chunks of ham that my daughter bought for me, but he was still not interested in eating any. My son-in-law thought it was good though. 

We were so busy playing today; riding his tricycle, or rather grandma pushing him on his tricycle, blowing bubbles, hiding under a blanket together, coloring, reading books, and watching his favorite new show Aquanots. I did manage to eat a handful of pecans after he went down for this nap, but then I jumped in the shower and my daughter got home so when he woke up we all went out to dinner.  

My daughter was worried about where to go, but I assured her I would be fine almost anywhere. While there are a few obvious places to avoid, like pizza, unless they have the wonderful cauliflower crust that our local place has, or Italian with all the pasta, or even sushi because of the rice, most restaurants can be very Keto-friendly. 
We chose a fun place that had a basic menu of burgers, etc. I chose a yummy Black & Blue Burger, which is just a hamburger with blue cheese and bacon. I substituted some broccoli for the fries and removed the bun so I was all set. It was really good and actually a great portion size for me too.  I did have a cocktail of some flavored vodka with soda, which is a great low carb alternative. 

The hardest part for me was the onion rings. We ordered some onions rings for an appetizer. They smelled so good. I did allow myself a small bite so I wouldn’t feel too deprived, and then I was fine. I think those small bites are really helpful. I get to have a ‘taste’ without really having a portion of something that will throw my whole diet off.  It tasted great, but not good enough for me to want to gain back all the weight I’ve lost. Right now I am making he decisions that will affect my future and getting in shape is more important than a plate of onion rings. 

Dinner was fun and because my daughter lives near Nashville, there is great music everywhere. My grandson especially loved the live music. 


I have been weighing my self on my daughter's scale and although it is slightly off from the YMCA scale at home, I am happy to report that not only have I maintained while on my trip so far, I am even down 1 pound.  

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it can be hard to follow a planned diet while visiting others, but with the right attention it appears that you have this handled. Great job on being down a pound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, I think my grandson is giving me more motivation right now.

      Delete