Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 77

Day 77 – 

I finally had a day to just relax and catch up on all the things I have needed to get done. I started my day with my usual coffee. It was cloudy out and I even treated myself to a second cup of coffee. 


After working on the computer for a couple hours I decided to go ahead and try another Keto recipe. I made myself ‘cheese buns’ from a recipe I found. 
There were very few ingredients and it seemed weird to just mix the egg in with the cheese, but I stirred until I felt like it was evenly and thoroughly coated. 
I put the two piles of the mixture onto parchment paper and slid the pan into the oven. 
I was concerned that 20 minutes at 400 degrees sounded like a lot and I thought it might burn so I checked a few times and it seemed to be doing great.
They tasted good, but very cheesy. The outside was a bit tough, but inside it actually had a somewhat fluffy almost bread-like texture. 
It was so nice and cool out after the rain that I decided to take Lexi for a long walk rather than head over to the YMCA. We walked for about 40 minutes and she was so excited to be out sniffing every bush that we actually kept a pretty brisk pace. It was a good workout. 

After we got home I re-heated some of the leftover chicken from yesterday and threw some cauliflower rice into a pan to crisp. When it was golden brown and crispy I actually added about a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese on top and stirred it in to melt. It really added a nice touch to the rice. 

I am feeling good about my diet choices lately so I am hoping that will continue to translate to lower numbers on the scale. 

2 comments:

  1. Those "cheese buns" sound quite interesting. My son, a cheese lover, would probably love them. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they really were good and so easy to make.

      Delete