Sunday, September 16, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 74


 Day 74  -

Today was another day where I tried my best to stay Keto, but I was not perfect.

After being woken up early by my husband who is on the east coast and who was really excited about attending the Packers football game, I got up and had my coffee. I checked and saw the game was not televised on regular TV so I decided to head over to our local sports bar to watch the game. 
I decided to have some breakfast and although they had a bunch of choices that were not Keto, I ordered just some scrambled eggs and bacon. Even that was served with a big container of ketchup that I did not use. 

 Although I wanted some other fun choices of beer I decided to stick with a very low carb choice of Michelob Ultra with only 2.6 carbs in a bottle.

After halftime I did splurge and order myself some Queso dip with pork, but I asked for veggies instead of chips. Even that choice is a challenge because carrots have a lot of sugar and thus a lot of carbs so I did not eat them, and I will admit queso does not taste the same with celery.
I looked up how many carbs are in tortilla chips and asked the waitress if she could bring me just a few chips and I ate about 5-6 chips. It was just enough to really enjoy them, and I broke them into smaller pieces so I could feel like I had more than I actually did. I figure I had about 6 carbs worth of chips.

The game went into overtime and honestly I was so tired by the time I got home that I actually took a nap. That might have something to do with how early my hubby woke me up. Anyway for dinner I finished off my leftover shrimp and zucchini dish. 

I am actually happy to get back to the workweek tomorrow so I can get back into my more healthy routines. 

Even though I have made a commitment to 100 full days of Keto, I am starting to think more about long terms lifestyle changes so I can maintain my current weight loss and continue losing weight. That is why I am not being overly strict with my Keto every single day, but just focusing on making good choices and trying to stay within my daily carb limit of 25 carbs or less. Eventually I will feel comfortable raising that limit, but for now I am still continuing to lose so I will continue to limit my daily carbs.

8 comments:

  1. How much have you lost? Are you feeling good still?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lost about 20 pounds total, although ti can vary a bit from day to day. Honestly I feel good, my clothes are looser. I still have a long way to go but I know I am on the right track.

      Delete
  2. I think you're wise to consider your eating plan as a long term way of eating. Kudos to you for doing so well at the sport bar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Candi - Although I do miss those carbs, I don't miss the 20 pounds I have lost. I appreciate the support.

      Delete
  3. Hi Laurie! Wow, I admire your discipline. Last night, I decided to try to cut back on added sugars this week. I'm trying to aim low and just think of this week first. I'll see if I'm able to keep my sanity. I've heard a lot of success stories with the keto diet so, good luck and thanks for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Joy. My daughter is the one who talked us into trying it and it really is working, but it is hard. It helps a lot that my hubby and I are trying to do this together.

      Delete
  4. Congrats! I am trying to watch carbs but can not bring myself to do full on keto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think that every little bit helps. My husband and I have a lot to lose, but once we are closer to our goal we will just focus on making healthy choices and trying to maintain our weight loss. Cauliflower is the key to reducing carbs, it has made so much difference for us.

      Delete