Saturday, September 8, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 65

Day 65 – 

This morning I had my coffee and then I ran out to do a couple errands. 

The good news is that I have not gained any weight, but I do seem to be stuck and not losing right now. I have decided to do some occasional intermittent fasting in the hopes it will help boost my weight loss again, so I skipped breakfast.  


A few hours later after I got home I decided to try a couple fun recipes. First I found a Keto version of Pumpkin Spice. I tried it and to be quite honest it is NOT a good substitute to Starbucks Pumpkin Spice, but it tasted okay. 

  
Next I decided to try a biscuit recipe I found online. There were several sites with very similar variations of this biscuit, but here is the recipe I used. 

Low Carb Biscuits Recipe Ingredients
1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
1/4 Teaspoons Salt
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
4 Tablespoons Butter (melted)
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Mix the dry ingredient together first.
Combine all the wet ingredients next.
Mix well.

Spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray.  Drop a dollop of biscuit batter on your pan.  You can also spray the spoon with non-stick cooking spray because the dough will slide right off into the pan. Cook for about 10 to 13 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!

I used parchment paper instead of cooking spray. These were delicious!!!


I made myself some fried eggs to go with them and it was incredible. Peter tried them when he got home and he loved them too. 

I had to work in the afternoon and I was honestly still full when I got home so I decided to just munch on one of the biscuits and skip dinner. 


2 comments:

  1. The "day 65" is the important part. In Weight Watchers, we are taught there are plateaus - frustrating, but I know you will work your way through. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alana, I know we will have plateaus but hopefully with a little extra effort we can push through them and keep on losing.

      Delete