Sunday, September 9, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 66

Day 66 – 


One again I had another busy, fun-filled day but it was a bit challenging to remain on my Keto diet. 

First I ran out to work for a few hours. I did bring along one of those nut bars for a quick breakfast on the go.

After I got home we went over to a friends house for their daughter’s birthday party. They had a bunch of birthday treats, including some pizza and cupcakes. Since I hadn’t eaten lunch I was hungry. I managed to avoid the cup cakes, but I did have a few pieces of pizza. I am not sure if it was impolite, but I simply pulled the cheese topping off of the slices of pizza and ate those.  They also had some salad so I had a plate of that too. 


Later we went directly from our friend’s house to a college football game. It was so hot during the game; Peter and I both were drenched by the end of the first quarter. I did actually have a hot dog at the game, but I tried to pull of most of the bun. It wasn’t perfect but I tried to reduce my carbs as much as I could. 

We have both noticed how much our culture is tied to carbs; popcorn at the movies, hot dogs at the game, pizza with friends, cake for special occasions. All of these make it hard for people who are trying to lose weight. It does take work.

With such a busy day I did not manage to make it to the YMCA, but with all the walking for the football game just to get to our seats I had more than enough steps to feel like I had worked out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment