Thursday, September 6, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 63

Day 63 – 

Finally home and time to get back on track, but of course since I was gone for a week I have a ton of work to do.  I feel bad that I wasn’t able to make it to the YMCA today to get back in my exercise groove, but I had two different meetings I had to go to for work, plus lots of laundry and other stuff to get caught up on.

I started my day with my coffee and I grabbed one of the chocolate fat bombs as I rushed out the door to go to my first meeting. It was a breakfast meeting with muffins and fruit, but since I can’t have any of that I just tried to appease myself with a big drink from my water bottle. 

That meeting took longer than I expected, and I had to leave and go across town for another meeting. I knew that meeting was going to last over 3 hours and that I would be really hungry so I stopped on the way and bought a cheeseburger at McDonalds. When I got it, I took the meat and cheese off the bread and just ate that. It was filling enough to help me get through the afternoon. I know fast food isn’t the best choice, but it can be done Keto if you take off the bun and don’t have any ketchup. According to Livestrong.com a Quarter pounder with cheese and no bun has between 15 and 20 grams of fat and no carbohydrates at all. I think you can actually order one without the bun, but I didn’t think of doing that at the time, so I just took it off the bun and threw the bun away. 
I got stuck in traffic on the way home and I was so glad I had packed some pecans in my bags to help me not feel so hungry. When I finally got home I started looking through the fridge, but I had not gone grocery shopping so there wasn’t a lot of choices. I decided to cut up some of the Aidelle’s sausage and some vegetables. I wanted to make a cream sauce but we didn’t have any cream and we didn’t have any milk because we haven’t been drinking any, so all I had was some sour cream. Well, that failed miserably and Peter and I both threw it in the trash. Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. We actually laughed about how big a failure that was. I ended up eating a little cheese and a handful of the Crisps that we still had. Peter grilled up something for himself. To top it all off, the kitchen sink got clogged and would not drain – even the garbage disposal hated what I made so now we have to call a plumber.   

I will definitely have to go shopping tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment