Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 61


Day 61 – 

I have been doing a great job trying to stay Keto while at my daughter’s house, but I did make one very important exception for today because it is my grandson’s second birthday. 

I started the day with my coffee and my daughter made some low calories smoothies. We took a fun family trip to the river to go swim and play. My grandson had a blast finding and throwing rocks. 
When we got home my daughter made me a fabulous chef salad, with an egg, some ham, turkey and cheese. It was delicious and very filling.
After more playtime, my daughter ran out to the store to pick up some things for dinner and for my grandson’s special birthday cake. 

My daughter was excited to show me what she found at the store. My grandson was having his favorite, Mac-n-cheese for his birthday dinner so she found some vegetable mac-n-cheese for Grandma. 
The carbs were a little high, but much lower than regular mac-n-cheese would be and it was so thoughtful of her to try and find a way to include me while keeping me on my diet. 
She grilled some burgers and I had some of the veggie version of macaroni. It had a bit of a nutty taste, but overall it wasn’t bad.

After dinner we had a fun celebration with an incredible Dirt and Worms cake that my daughter made, and when your 2 year old grandson wants to feed you some of this cake and worms, you eat them – if you are trying to stay on Keto or not. It was really yummy, but definitely not Keto approved. 

As much as I want to stick with my diet and lose weight, I also feel very strongly that a diet should not be so restrictive that it interferes with your life and happiness. This diet was supposed to improve my life and health, so an occasion indulgence like birthday cake is not a big deal, and mental health is just as important as physical health. 

No comments:

Post a Comment