Friday, August 31, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 57

Day 57 – 

I got a call from my doctor today to report that all my blood work came out great, including my lipids, so no worries about any complications from our diet. That is good news.

I spent the day having fun with my grandson. I started my day with some coffee and we both shared a cheese stick again. We took a fun walk through the neighborhood, stopping to look at every single rock. Walking with a toddler is certainly not a strenuous walk, but it was hot and humid out so we both came inside after our walk and got a big drink of water. 

I made us some scrambled eggs with cheese, I ate mine but my grandson only took a few bites of his. Toddlers are so interesting in their eating habits.

We played all afternoon and then he finally took a nap. By the time he woke up my daughter had returned from work so we went out to a meet and greet event. There were lots of delicious homemade goodies, but sadly everything was full of carbs, from yummy little sandwiches to very moist looking brownies. My grandson enjoyed sampling everything, but I just had a small glass of wine.

 After we got home my daughter made homemade lettuce wraps. She serves them on a bed of lettuce instead of trying to use the lettuce as an actual wrap. There was some sugar in one of the ingredients, but not enough that I felt like it was a problem to have some.
My grandson decided to help me eat my dinner, so that is another way to control portions; sharing with a small person who is helping himself to your plate. 

It’s not as completely Keto as I do at home, but so far I am managing pretty well.  



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are staying committed to the plan...good for you! It can be hard when you're out at an event and you handled it really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candi, I am trying to find ways to be okay with skipping all the goodies and foods I can't have. I did taste a bite of my daughter's brownie so I see how good they were and that seems to really help. If I get just a taste I am fine and don't feel too deprived. Thanks for stopping by my blog

      Delete