Friday, August 24, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 50

Day 50 - 

It just so happens that day 50, exactly halfway through my personal challenge of 100 days on Keto, is also my birthday.  I have decided to allow myself a cheat day, but despite that fact I had to work all day so I packed myself a healthy lunch with a salad and some healthy Keto snacks including a small container of pecans and another small container of Crisps.  


At work I saw someone had a big bag of Candy. Gosh its not even September yet and already the Halloween candy is everywhere.  I decided to take a look at the number of carbs and in one small bite-sized candy is 22-32 carbs, depending on the type of candy. YIKES! So eating any of these candies would put me over my daily carb limit.  This diet really has made me more aware of the amount of carbs in food.  There is no question that all of these processed and sugary foods are the cause of not only obesity, but also the cause of so many other related health problems including diabetes, hypertension and so much more.  

I started my day by grabbing some coffee and munching on a cheese stick. Lunch was a salad with feta and pumpkin seeds again, and I had some Crisps.  I did snack on a few pecans in the afternoon. 

After work I met a friend for a birthday Happy Hour and this is where I decided to splurge just a bit. I ordered myself a Pear Blossom Martini. My friend and I shared a plate of cauliflower nachos and it was really good. It filled me up and that’s all I had.  It was funny actually, because I had given myself permission to cheat, but I really didn’t feel like it.  I am so committed to this goal that I just don’t want to eat junk right now. We had so much fun making plans for our upcoming trip to Thailand, and I was so excited about everything we would do and see there – even more reason to lose weight and get in good shape. 

Peter had made himself some ribs for dinner and he was so proud of them that when I got home I tried one of the ribs and they were good. I did have a few small pieces of dark chocolate as a birthday treat in the evening.  I still do crave something sweet in the evening, but just one or two small pieces is usually enough to satisfy my cravings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment