Sunday, August 5, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 31

Day 31 – 

Today was a busy, but fun day. After my morning coffee I decided to take two pieces of the leftover cauliflower toast and heat them with some cheese on top. To be honest, they still taste nothing like toast but it was an okay breakfast. I am not sure I will make the cauliflower toast again. I have loved other cauliflower recipes but the toast just didn’t work out like I had hoped. 

We spent the morning cleaning the house because I was having some folks over in the afternoon to help write postcards for a local candidate that I support. Peter was so sweet and ran to the store to get snacks for us. I suggested one of those cheese trays and maybe a small veggie tray. He also came home with some Ritz crackers and a roll of summer sausage. I put out the crackers, but with 10 carbs for just 4 crackers I knew I wouldn’t be having any of them. I did have a few pieces of cheese and a few slices of the sausage, both high in fat and no carbs so that was a great Keto snack.  

After everyone left, Peter and I worked on dinner together. He was so excited because he had this ridiculously large tomahawk steak that he was just dying to cook. He grilled up some chicken breast for me. 

We cooked some broccoli and I had a small amount of zucchini that I had cut too large for the zoodles the other night so I threw those in a pan and cooked them too. I warmed up some of the leftover alfredo sauce and put it on the zucchini and the chicken. OMG it was amazing. 

We both enjoyed our meal so much, and honestly couldn’t believe this is actually a ‘diet’. I think we both ate a little too much but it was soooooo good.
I looked over and saw Peter chewing on the steak bone and I started laughing, thinking how he was a perfect poster boy for the Keto diet. 

After dinner we sat and watched Avengers Infinity War, which just came out on video today, so of course Peter had already bought it.

I topped the evening off with a glass of red wine and a very small amount of dark chocolate. 

I also stayed on track with my water intake today, but I still have to think about it and remind myself to drink water. I have heard if you do a habit for three weeks straight it becomes part of your lifestyle, so I will have to keep focusing on drinking enough water. I do think the water is helping with hunger and also with my over all health, things like digestion, etc. 


I didn’t manage to go workout today, but I will be back at the YMCA tomorrow.  I want to keep on track because we still have lots of weight to lose.

2 comments:

  1. You are sticking with your chosen path and your expercise. That committment is the important part. "Change must be greater than your desire to stay the same" is something I'm struggling with right now. Wishing you continued success! Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alana, it is a struggle at times and I am frustrated at how long it will take to get the results I want, but I knew this was the right time for me.

      Delete