Saturday, August 4, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 30

Day 30 -

Wow – we have been on this journey for a month now. I wanted to take a moment to celebrate that commitment. I have been somewhat surprised that we have both done so well. Both Peter and I have stuck to the diet with zero cheating, which is not to say we haven’t wished about and longed for all of those carb loaded goodies that we shouldn’t have, but we have stuck to our diet and made healthy choices. We have also increased our exercise, and I have been regularly going to the YMCA at least every other day for the entire month. Peter has been busier with work but he has managed to go to the YMCA to swim at least 2-3 times per week.  
 All of that hard work has paid off.  Peter has lost a total of 25 pounds so far!!! And when I checked at the YMCA today I have lost a total of 15 pounds!!!

We still have a long way to go, but that is an incredible start. And I have managed to write a daily blog post for the past 30 days too.  

This morning I was busy and got totally distracted, so I skipped breakfast. I did make myself a big beautiful salad for lunch. I spiralized a cucumber and added it to some spinach, lettuce, some bacon and some pumpkin seeds.  
 I made time in the afternoon to go workout at the Y and did 15 minutes on the treadmill and finished with 25 minutes on the bicycle. I am still trying to be careful with my ankle, but I set the treadmill to the ‘fat burning’ workout so the incline raised and lowered to increase the intensity of the workout without increasing the speed.  I have enjoyed using audio books while I workout. Today I was listening to Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick; she is hilarious.   
 For dinner I made myself some shrimp and some spinach, and Peter decided on some roasted chicken. He likes to buy the whole roasted chickens from Safeway and Costco.  I did splurge on a celebratory glass of wine after dinner. 

I was behind on my water consumption today.  I usually finish a full bottle by noon and two or three in the afternoon. Today I had only finished one by 3:00pm, so I had to really push myself to drink all afternoon and evening. I managed to finish my full 64 ounces before bedtime.  That is five straight days of meeting my goal. I have been trying to always have a water bottle with me. It’s easy to drink during and after a workout, or if I go outside in the Phoenix heat, but I have to think about it at other times. 

I am proud of our efforts so far, but I know that we both have a long way to go.  I also know it will get harder, we will have times where we wont lose weight, we will get frustrated, but I also know that if we support each other we can do it!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on losing 15 pounds. That's a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am excited, but I still have a long way to go.

      Delete