Sunday, August 19, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 45


I made a mistake last night and had a bottle of sugar free green tea in the evening and I had a lot of trouble falling asleep. I was feeling sluggish all day. I had my usual morning coffee and decided to make myself a fried egg for breakfast. 


In addition to feeling tired, I had a huge to-do list today, including teaching a class, so I stayed busy all morning. When I returned home in the afternoon I ate some of the leftover shrimp and cauliflower rice and then I took a nap. I am not usually inclined to take naps, but sometimes you have to listen to your body signals. My body was clearly telling me I needed some time to rest and recuperate. Sleep is incredibly restorative. 

I still felt a little sluggish when I woke up. Peter had barbecued a whole chicken, and made more cauliflower rice. I helped and made some of the Parmesan zucchini chips. 


Despite my nap I went to bed early, my body was clearly trying to tell me I had been too busy the past few days and that I needed to slow down a bit. Although I didn’t get a chance to make it to the YMCA, my fitbit assured me I had done plenty of walking all day long.

I know that I am often guilty of overscheduling myself. It is hard to say no, or even give myself permission to have a simple day of rest, but we all need those days sometimes. 

I am so proud of Peter, even though he was tired and sore from his swim yesterday, he went to the YMCA while I was working and he swam again. He told me it was hard at first but after a few laps it felt really good. He and I are planning to go to the YMCA again tomorrow. 


Supporting and encouraging each other on this diet journey has been so great. I know I would not have been as successful on this diet without his help. It sounds strange to say, but doing this together has actually been fun. We have both worked really hard to be a positive role model for each other, and we have been careful not to nag or scold the other for their choices.  Staying positive is the key. Offering positive feedback when we each make good choices is what really works. I am so lucky to have such a great guy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment