Monday, August 27, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 53

Day 53 – 

We were both feeling better today, so it’s time to return to the good eating habits that were getting such good results. 

I started my day with my coffee as usual and I decided to snack on one of the Pecan Pie fat bombs that we made yesterday to help jump-start my fat for the day. 

I helped with some chores and worked on my blog and for lunch I decided to have some egg salad. I also snacked on a handful of Crisps with that. 

In the evening Peter made himself a wonderful dish with chicken, mushrooms he had sautéed and some cauliflower rice. I didn’t have any because I really don’t like mushrooms so I chose to make myself some cauliflower rice and one of the Aidelle’s sausages we got at Costco last week. I chopped the sausage and it really helped to give the cauliflower rice a nice flavor. 

I had one of the yummy chocolate fat bombs as my ‘dessert’ while we were watching TV and relaxing in the evening.  


I did not make it over to the YMCA, I was still not quite feeling great. I think both Peter and I had a small resurgence of our ‘Keto Flu’ after my special birthday dinner. I do think it is okay to have an indulgence once in awhile, but it is hard on Keto because it take a few days to recover and get back to our new normal.  
We still have a long way to go in order to reach our goals, but we are getting there. 


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Keep going! I definitely understand the whole getting back on track thing......it's easy to fall off the wagon.....tough to get back on. Kudos to you for getting back on the right track! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica, I appreciate the support. It is hard but I know it will be worth it.

      Delete