Thursday, August 9, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 35

Day 35-

My weight loss is stuck right now, so I am trying to give it a kick-start by increasing my exercise when I can. Today, after my morning coffee and some scrambled eggs, I finished a few chores and headed to the YMCA. 

I was a little concerned about my ankle swelling after walking so much yesterday, so I started with the bicycle for 30 minutes and then I finished off with 20 minutes on the treadmill.  

I tried the elliptical, but the ones at our YMCA are just not comfortable for me. I feel very unstable on it. Part of the reason I am unstable is due to a torn ACL ligament from the same injury where I broke my ankle the second time. What can I say I am an over achiever.  It doesn’t really present any major problems not having the ACL but I do have less stability than most folks. Add my extra weight and the fact that I am over 50 and you get far less balance and stability. 

Finding the right exercise that you enjoy is important. My hubby loves to swim, so doing some laps is great for him. He challenges himself with how far he will swim for each workout. I like to swim casually, but I’m not a very strong swimmer so doing laps would not be my choice. I do have a friend who wants me to come to Zumba with her, so I may have to give that a try. I have heard from lots of folks how much fun they have with Zumba. Once the weather begins to cool just a bit I can go back to walking outside, and hopefully soon I will feel ready to get back into hiking too.  


After I got home from the YMCA, I made myself a lovely piece of fish with lemon-butter sauce and some asparagus. It was delicious. 

In the afternoon Peter got home early so we spent some time in our pool, it was a little cloudy so it was perfect.


I had lots of fun in the evening going to one of those Paint & Sip events with some friends. I decided to drink some vodka as a good low carb choice, and I split a veggie and hummus tray with a friend, she ate the hummus & pita and I got to munch on the celery and cucumbers with some ranch dressing.  It does take some work, but it is possible to make healthy Keto choices even when eating out.

I was a little hungry when I got home so I snacked on a few pieces of cheese and a handful of pecans. 

2 comments: