Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 41

Day 41-

After my morning coffee I did some work and then grabbed a quick cheese stick for protein and headed to the YMCA. I did 20 minutes on the stationary bicycle, but my headphones stopped working so I took this as a sign to skip the treadmill and go use the weight machines.I really need the distraction of music or an audio book when I use the treadmill.

I was motivated to work on building muscle mass after my research yesterday on metabolism and older women. I know building muscle is important for health and long lasting weight loss so I did eight arm machines and four leg machines and I certainly worked up a sweat. 
 When I got home I made myself some tuna for lunch. I added some cauliflower rice for crunch. 

Later I jumped in the shower and headed out to work for the afternoon. I was hungry when I got home so I used my spiralizer and made some zoodles, which I had with some leftover chicken and alfredo sauce. It was so yummy, but I was careful to only serve myself half of what I made and save the second half for tomorrow. I am really focusing on keeping a reasonable portion size, so I felt proud that even though it tasted great, I did not let myself overeat. 

I am still keeping a food journal each day. It helps me to keep track of my diet for the blog as well as keeping me accountable for what I eat. When I see it written down, it does make a difference. I think sometimes its easy to lie to ourselves and say, “I didn’t eat that much” but when you see it in black and white it really makes a difference. I also track my exercise. 

4 comments:

  1. Food journals are definitely key to staying on track with any diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer - it really does help when you see exactly what you are eating.

      Delete
  2. Good for you for excercising portion control. It's hard not to keep eating when something is so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy learning how to really listen to my appetite is hard, but I really do believe it is the key to achieving and sustaining weight loss.

      Delete