Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 54

Day 54 – 

My morning started with an early doctor’s appointment for my annual physical and I was so pleased to be able to tell my doctor that I have lost at least 15 pounds so far in the past two months.  My weight does fluctuate from day to day and I know that our splurge for my birthday set me back a pound or two, but I could tell my doctor was impressed when I shared what I had been doing. I will be getting some blood work tomorrow and I will be very interested to see if there are any challenges related to our Keto diet, but I don’t think there will be. I really do feel good overall and I know I am getting in shape. 

When I got home I made myself a simple salad with some lettuce and then I got really busy with work for the rest of the afternoon. 

When Peter got home we both started working on dinner. Peter made himself a steak with a big bunch of sautéed mushrooms and a pile of spinach. 
I decided to try a recipe for shrimp zucchini noodles I found on a Keto Facebook group. My recipe didn’t have any actual amounts so I had to guess, but oh my goodness it was good. 

Here is the recipe:Shrimp zucchini noodles 
Fast and tasty! Sizzle shrimp with garlic and bacon; add heavy cream, Parmesan, salt and pepper to taste. When the sauce starts to get creamy, add spinach and zucchini noodles! Cook it for 1 min and that’s it!

I ate half and I saved the other half for tomorrow. 

It really is fun trying different recipes and there are so many great Keto options to try.  

4 comments:

  1. Great job on sticking to the Keto diet and losing 15 pounds. I don't Keto, but I do love it when I go to the Doctor's office and I'm able to impress them not only with lost weight, but significant, positive changes in my blood work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, it is exciting when your doctor gives you a big smile and says keep up the good work.

      Delete
  2. How wonderful to have such an impressive weight loss! I have not equaled yours, but I will keep scrapping along....good luck and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Donna, I have lots more to lose but I do feel good about our progress so far.

      Delete