Monday, August 13, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 39

Day 39 –

Today was busier than usual; I had to rush out early to stop by work before spending the day with my Dad. I managed to grab a cup of coffee and I warmed the scrambled eggs from yesterday, but I wasn’t too hungry so I only had a few bites and then I shared the rest with my very appreciative dog. 

Spending time with my Dad is always great, but not being at home makes it harder to stay on my routine.  While dad had his lunch I grabbed a cheese stick and a few pieces of turkey. I also had a handful of Crisps that I brought with me. One of the helpful things I have been doing is trying to remember to pack healthy Keto snacks to take with me if I leave home.  I also snacked on some pecans in the afternoon when I got hungry. 

After I got home I cooked a piece of salmon and some cauliflower rice, and I also snacked on a few more Crisps and pecans in the evening.  

I am trying to balance focusing on smaller portion sizes with feeling hungry, so I am working on finding the perfect amount that is just enough, not too much or too little. 

One of the things that many overweight people struggle with is portion size. It is so difficult to stop eating - especially when something tastes really good. I remember my Mom once telling me she didn't have an 'enough' button so she would always just keep eating.  I think we all do have an ‘enough’ button but some of us just stop listening to it. If you watch most small children, they will eat large amounts of food one day, and barely anything another day. When adults offer healthy choices and don’t try to force their eating, small children do an incredible job of regulating their diet.  Somewhere along the line we lose that ability. 

That's my goal this week, along with exercise and water; I am going to work on re-discovering my 'enough' button. 


2 comments:

  1. I've not tried KETO but have a few friends that are rocking it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly it is one of the only 'diets' I have been on, my daughter talked us into it. It is very effective, but like any diet is can be tough to stay motivated.

      Delete