Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 55

Day 55 – 

I would like to share that I do not like blood work.  I usually feel slightly nauseous just thinking about it, and add the fact that I was not able to have anything to eat or drink, not even my half-cup of coffee and you can tell I was a sad, grumpy person.  It should take a few days at least to get the results from my doctor, but I do think it’s important to get regular physicals, especially if you are doing an extreme low carb diet like Keto. 

Needless to say I did not eat or drink anything this morning. When I finally got home I had my coffee and one of the yummy pecan pie fat bombs. 

In the afternoon I had my yummy leftovers from yesterday.  Peter said he wants to try that recipe using chicken because he is not a big fan of shrimp.  I am sure it would be good.  

I am facing the next BIG challenge for my weight loss journey; I am flying out today to go visit my daughter and my amazing grandson. It will be difficult to stick with all of my routines when I am not at home, but my daughter has been very supportive. I am sure I can make the best of it. I am bringing my daily food journal so I can continue to keep myself accountable, but I won’t have the option of going to work out at the YMCA for the week I am there. I will however be running around with my almost 2 year old grandson so I think that should keep me sufficiently busy. 

I had to head to the airport a bit early to accommodate Peter’s work schedule, so I had a big chop salad and even treated myself to a beer while at the airport waiting for my flight. 


Michelob Ultra has only 2.6 carbs so I felt okay treating myself. 

I am sad to report that Southwest airlines no longer serves peanuts in case anyone has a peanut allergy, so I wasn’t able to have any of the snacks offered, pretzels and crackers are definitely not Keto. I will have to plan ahead for future flights. 

2 comments:

  1. I found it almost easier to keto when on the road because less temptation at home and I did not have to make the food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good way to look at it. We have done a great job of removing non-leto food from the house, but yes it does limit temptation. Thanks for stopping by my blog

      Delete