Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 47

Day 47 –

I began my day with coffee and worked on my computer for a few hours. When I finally got hungry I warmed up some of the leftover Parmesan zucchini chips from the other night along with a piece of salmon. After finishing I ate a handful of Crisps to satisfy that need for a crunchy treat. 

Today was just one of those busy kind of days where you work for hours and don’t feel like you got anything done.  In the afternoon I headed over to the YMCA. I was a bit frustrated because I tried to use my Bluetooth headphones but as soon as I put them on I heard the voice said “battery low”.  Even without an audiobook, I stayed on the stationary bicycle for about 35 minutes.  

I decided to go and step on the scale and I am excited to announce that I have lost a total of 18 pounds since starting the diet. All of my effort at smaller portions and being consistent with exercise is starting to pay off. I am hoping to reach a total of 20 pounds by the end of the month. 


It is important to take some time to celebrate victories and losing eighteen pounds is a big deal. I found this silly meme that shows 18 pounds is the same as six steam irons.  

After getting home from working out, I made myself a piece of fish with lemon and butter sauce and some asparagus with some Parmesan sprinkled on top.  It was really good.  I am still using smaller plates and really focusing on the amount that I eat. 

I did have a nut bar in the evening while we watched TV. I was really craving something sweet, and the nut bar is perfect for that. I knew I had not gone over my carb limit for the day so I decided it was okay to have one. 

Sometimes it feels like we have been on this diet forever, but I can see that it is working so I just have to keep on making good healthy choices.  

2 comments:

  1. So jealous. I am on week 8 and barely down 3 lbs despite meticulously following the plan and exercising. My husband is down 20. I'm just a diet failure. Sticking to it is not the hard part for me. Getting results is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost about ten in the first two weeks and then stalled for a couple weeks so I worked really hard on reducing my portions and upping my level of exercise and it has started to pay off. Just like you my husband just drops weight and I have to work and struggle for every ounce. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will keep losing.

      Delete