Friday, August 17, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 43

 Day 43 – 

I really wanted to get over to the YMCA today, but I just ran out of time. With work and chores and other commitments I just couldn’t get there, but its okay – I will definitely make time to go tomorrow. 

I had a busy morning so I just grabbed some coffee and ran out of the house, I was gone until after noon so when I got home I made myself some cauliflower rice and leftover chicken. It was just enough to fill me up.

I juggled several more commitment and didn’t get home until after seven at night. Peter was barbequing a steak for himself so I had him throw on a bratwurst for me and we decided to try and grill some asparagus. I tossed them in some olive oil and a few spices and threw them on the grill. They were so good. 

If you notice I started using a smaller size lunch plate. I want to follow my own advice. I also carefully cut up the bratwurst into small bite size pieces and honestly it did work. I felt full when I finished.  Every little trick to reduce portions is a good thing right now. 

Peter said he feels like he is stuck in his weight loss right now so he is going to work on reducing his portion sizes too and I am going to encourage him to come workout with me more. It is hard because I have been busy the past few evenings and that is when Peter can go workout. He always seems more motivated when we go together. I am going to have to be careful to say no to some of my commitments to protect that evening time for Peter and I to workout together. Even though he goes and swims and I use the machines – just driving over there together is motivating for both of us.  

Last year we worked hard at making sure our finances were in order, and we have both decided that this year’s goal is our health and fitness so I want to make sure that working towards good health is our priority right now. Like a lot of women I have a hard time saying no to things, but I will try.  

Making time for exercise and continuing to work on eating right is our goal and our commitment to each other. 



No comments:

Post a Comment