Saturday, August 11, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 37

It feels strange to be writing day 37, that means Peter and I have been sticking with this diet for 37 days so far, and I have actually been writing a daily blog post about it for 37 days.  That’s the good news; the not great news for me anyway is that I have completely stopped losing weight, even with trying to increase my exercise.  When I checked my weight I was actually up 2 pounds. I am still down a total of 11 pounds but I have so much more to go.  I think this forces me to look at what I am eating, and how much I am eating and make some adjustments. 

Lazy Keto may have only gotten me so far, and this is very hard for me because I am definitely not a ‘count calories and measure my food’ kind of person. I will need to be much more aware of smaller portions. There is so much information out there about Keto, and it can get a little overwhelming, but I know there are folks who are having great results so I think it is worth a little effort. 

I am not gonna lie, being completely stuck in my weight loss, even though I have not cheated at all is super frustrating. I was pretty grumpy, but luckily with Peter’s help and support I was able to change my attitude

 I started my day at the YMCA, doing the stationary bicycle for twenty minutes
 Then I did thirty minutes on the treadmill. I am continuing to keep it at a lower speed but increasing my incline for more intensity. I did ask about having someone help me with a workout routine, but I have not gotten that scheduled yet.  

 Peter and I went out to lunch and I had a Cobb salad. I asked them to make it without tomatoes and everything else, egg, bacon, chicken, olives and lettuce was Keto friendly. 


 
Peter could tell I needed some cheering up so we had a fun date night at Zzeeks and as you can tell, we enjoyed trying their broccoli & cheese crust. It was good, but I like the Cauliflower crust just a bit better.  It has 26 grams of carbs for two slices of pizza so that is still on the high side but we both decided that it was okay to take a break once in awhile and today I really needed a break.  In fact some dieting experts believe that cheat meal high in calories and carbohydrates can actually assist jumpstarting your metabolism and regulating these hormones.
 I also found this amazing Low carb ice cream. Peter had some in the evening. I didn’t have any, but I did taste Peter’s and it was really good. 
 At only 12 grams of carbs per serving this is a really awesome way to treat ourselves once in awhile and still stay on our diet. 
I am working on an attitude adjustment and trying to think more about long-term health rather than just about short-term weight loss.  It is hard to not compare myself to Peter. The weight just seems to be falling off him. My goal this week is to continue to make sure I am getting my necessary water, and to focus on decreasing my portion sizes. Hopefully that, along with exercise, will help me start to lose again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment