Friday, August 3, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 29

I am so grateful to be able to do this Keto journey with Peter. He makes everything more fun, and we have really enjoyed supporting and encouraging each other. 

This morning I had my coffee and I was feeling hungry so I decided to have a piece of celery with some natural peanut butter on it. 
 It’s important to get natural peanut butter to avoid any added sugars. This jar of Skippy Natural only has 6 total grams of carbs per two tablespoons, but there are 2 grams of fiber so its really only 4 net grams of carbs. Those carbs could still add up quickly so I still have to be careful how much peanut butter I have. 
 After finishing some chores and phone calls for work I met Peter so he could drop his car off at the car shop and we decided to go have lunch together. Eating at a restaurant can be tricky on Keto but we were both able to make great choices.
 As we walked into our favorite sports bar I noticed a sign for Cucumber Mint Vodka and I really wanted to try it. Vodka has the lowest carbs of any alcohol, so I ordered the vodka with soda and Oh My God it was amazing. I think I have found my new go-to drink. Guilt free and tastes great! (https://www.ketelone.com/vodkas/cucumber-mint-botanical/)
 I ordered a spinach salad and other than the tomatoes, which I did not eat, it was very Keto friendly and delicious.  It had eggs, feta cheese and black olives. I did check to make sure the black olives were okay and yes, they are low in carbs. About 10 olives only have one net carb.
 Peter had chicken wings. He is so happy that this bar doesn’t serve breaded wings so these are fine to eat on Keto. We did talk about being careful eating the carrots they serve with the wings, the celery is fine but carrots actually have a lot of natural sugar; there are 6 grams of carbs per medium carrot. The blue cheese dressing is also fine on Keto so he was very happy. I had a couple wings too and they were good. 
After lunch I went to get my haircut and in the evening Peter and I discussed what to have for dinner. I suggested that we try to make the zucchini noodles, so we grabbed our new Keto recipe book and decided on Zoodles with alfredo sauce, and some Aidells sausage that we had in the freezer.  
 I washed the zucchini and cut off the ends, then I found the right size blade on my spiralizer and I got busy making my zoodles. The recipe said to leave them out for an hour on some parchment paper to dry out before cooking so that’s what we did. Apparently parchment paper is a MUST for the Keto diet. 
 Peter worked on making some alfredo sauce with butter, heavy cream and parmesan cheese, while I prepared the zoodles. The recipe said to cook them on medium heat in a pan with some butter for 3-5 minutes until tender. 
 I really wasn’t sure if I was going to like these zoodles but they were delicious. Seriously this meal was fabulous and I couldn’t help myself I even had a little bit more for a second helping because it was so good. Peter loved it too. We saved the leftover alfredo sauce because we saw another recipe we want to do with chicken and broccoli alfredo. 

I was so full that I didn’t need or want any evening snack.
I didn’t get a chance to go workout today, but as long as I work out at least every other day that’s okay and it is still a big improvement from where we were a month ago. I was able to meet my daily water goal again today too so I was really happy about that. That’s four days straight of at least 64 ounces of water. 

Peter and I are having fun trying new recipes together, and I love that we are sticking with our carb free lifestyle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment