Thursday, August 23, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 49

Day 49 - 

I am excited that we are almost halfway through our 100 days and we are still going strong, in fact I think we are getting better at staying Keto.
I really wanted to take Lexi out for a walk this morning, it looked like it was cloudy so I was hopeful, but when I went outside the sidewalk was already hot to the touch. I guess taking walks out side will have to wait a few more weeks before it finally cools down enough. Instead, after my morning coffee I went over the YMCA and jumped on the stationary bike. 
I did only about 30 minutes but I did not stay and do the weight machines, because I really had a bunch of work to finish today.
I did decide to check my weight and I was really happy to see I am down another pound.  
I know it's not just about weight loss, but losing weight is a tangible way to see the positive results of the diet so far. 

When I got home I made myself a big salad, with some feta cheese and some pumpkin seeds for crunch.  

Later I made myself a couple more of the cheese enchiladas with the leftovers from yesterday. It was great. I did also snack on some of the Keto cheese crackers I had made. The were not as crunchy as I hoped, and I am not sure if putting them in the fridge was part of the reason why, but since they are made of cheese I thought keeping them in the fridge was a good idea.  

Later I spent some time looking for fun Keto recipes online and I noticed someone posted about a documentary on Netflix called The Magic Pill. I asked Peter if he was interested and we watched it. It was all about several people who were on the Keto diet and we both enjoyed watching it.  I know Keto goes against some conventional nutrition advice, but I can’t argue with the results. 



No comments:

Post a Comment