Sunday, August 12, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 38

Day 38 – 

I woke up today with a much better attitude. It never helps anything to beat yourself up, especially over things you really can’t control. This morning I had some coffee and Peter made some scrambled eggs with ham. I ate a few bites, but I really wasn’t feeling hungry so I put the rest of my portion in some Tupperware for tomorrow. I am trying to be more aware of portion sizes and of only eating when I feel hungry.  

I got busy doing a writing project all morning and before I knew it, it was late afternoon. After helping Peter with a household project, we both didn’t feel like cooking so we went to our favorite local sports bar. Peter had some wings. He loves that he can have the wings at his favorite place because there is no breading on their wings, so they are Keto friendly.  I chose a cheddar crusted chicken and asked for two vegetables instead of the potatoes or rice that usually comes with the meal, so I got broccoli and green beans. 
We were enjoying talking and took our time eating, and after I finished the broccoli and about half of the chicken, I put my fork down and brought the remainder home for leftovers. 

I didn’t get a chance to go workout but I still feel really good about my food choices today. I know that as life gets busier this fall I will struggle to find time to workout as often, but if I can manage at least 3-4 days a week that will still be okay. I can also do small things every day, like take the stairs instead of an elevator or park further away from the front door when I go places. The important part is making an effort at moving more. 

2 comments:

  1. You have more will power than I do. I try to make my portions small because I have an ingrained need to be President of the clean plate club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca, I think we are all like that, it is so difficult to stop eating - especially when something tastes really good.

      Delete