Saturday, August 25, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 51

Day 51 –

I am excited to be starting the second half of this Keto journey.

I was running late this morning so I had to grab a cup of coffee and rush out of the house, but I did manage to quickly grab several healthy Keto snacks for my lunch.  I had two cheese sticks, some of those keto cheese crackers that I made, a small container of pecans and some Crisps. I am not sure if my meal was very balanced, but it was plenty of food to get me through the day. 

After work Peter took me out for a special birthday dinner and we both had a BIG cheat night.  
 My main cheat was several of these incredibly delicious Pineapple Martini’s. They were absolutely amazing and I am fairly certain that just having one was over my daily limit of carbs and I wound up having THREE of them, but they were so good.

 We both ordered surf and turf entrees and mine was fabulous. My meal was actually pretty good in terms of Keto, but I ate way more than I have been eating lately because it was just so delicious. I did wind up bringing home most of the sirloin and green beans. Peter did have Parmesan mashed-potatoes with his meal and yes I did have to try a forkful, they were amazing. 

Our biggest cheat of the night was a piece of creme brulee cheesecake that we shared as my birthday treat. I don’t even want to guess how many carbs were in it, but I enjoyed eating every single carb in it.  

I know that was a really big splurge, but it is important to not let any diet take over your whole life. Sometimes it is okay to throw caution to the wind and just enjoy yourself, especially on a special occasion. The big challenge is making sure that you don’t do this too often. 

We both felt a little guilty for not sticking with our Keto plan, so I did a bit of research and I found out this is not too big of a setback. 
According to ruled.me.com “In general, you will probably be back in ketosis within the next 24 to 48 hours if one or more of the following applies to you: You were in ketosis for around a month or longer before cheating on the diet. You are doing an extended intermittent fast (>16 hours) beginning after your last cheat meal.”

Tomorrow we will both be back on track with our diet.

2 comments:

  1. You're right; your meal, mainly, didn't seem to be "that much" of a cheat. And, it was a good, tasty meal. The test will come in the coming days - but you have good momentum already built up and, more importantly, you are motivated. Enjoy the moment. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alana, it was such a fun meal, and I know we will get right back not track.

      Delete