Friday, August 10, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 36

Day 36 – 

Despite our best-laid plans, sometimes life just happens. Today was one of those interesting days. I had every intention of going to work out in the morning, but instead my plans changed and I spent the afternoon hanging out with my dad.  He is 89 years old and he lives with my amazing brother and sister-in-law. Today my sister-in-law was out of town caring for her own dad, so when my brother called I came over to be with my dad. 
I stopped at the store on the way, because I wanted to make sure I had something Keto friendly to eat.  I really struggled to find something that sounded appetizing and was also a good source of the fat and protein I needed without the carbs. I actually settled on a small dish of a Mediterranean salad of olives and feta cheese in an olive oil dressing. It worked great, and I wasn’t hungry at all for the rest of the afternoon.

After my brother got home from work I headed home. Peter had waited for me to get home before he ate so we had fun cooking together. I made myself some zoodles, and had them with some shrimp and alfredo sauce. 
Peter made himself a steak with a big pile of sautéed mushrooms and some of the zoodles. 

It was so good, and we really had fun cooking together.  One of the things that works really well for us is to not necessarily worry about eating the same thing. Peter has always liked steak much more than I ever will. I don’t mind an occasional filet, but I would honestly always prefer a good piece of fish or other seafood any day. The ability to enjoy our time cooking together doesn’t mean we always have to eat the same things. 

While I did manage to meet my water goal, I didn’t get a chance to go workout today. I do feel like we are settling in to a comfortable routine with our diet and exercise. Hopefully that will translate into continued weight loss and improved health. 

2 comments:

  1. Everything here looked yummy and I love zoodles - and mushrooms. Here's to your continued success. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alana! Yes - those noodles were fantastic.

      Delete