Monday, August 6, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 32

Day 32 – 

After a month on Keto, Peter and I have become much more aware of the sugars and carbs that are in so much of our food.  I think that is a natural side effect of this diet. I found this graphic online that shows how much sugar is in the drinks people consume. 

Just sticking to mostly water can have a significant effect on the overall carbs and calories that you consume. 

Another big change for me has been the commitment to regular exercise. I am considering hiring a personal trainer, at least for a few sessions so they can show me what would be the most beneficial workout for my body and my goals. Doing a Google search can only get you so far; sometimes you need to talk to someone with a higher level of knowledge and expertise. I know that trainers can be somewhat expensive, but I believe that good health is an important investment. The key is to make the investment worth it by actually following their advice. 

Speaking of working out, Peter and I went to the YMCA to go workout today. I did 25 minutes on the bicycle and then I did another 25 minutes on the treadmill.  I have to keep my speed relatively low because of my ankle. I am going to see my doctor to discuss what’s going on with my ankle and if I should still be having pain and swelling two years after my injury.  I know that I broke that ankle twice and I will likely always have issues, but I just want to make sure there isn’t something else going on.  


Today I started my day with my coffee and some scrambled eggs with cheese and ham that Peter made. Then we went to workout. Honestly I was tired, the dogs have continued to wake me up early, so I actually took a nap. I made myself some leftovers for dinner. I had some of the chicken that Peter grilled and I had the leftover broccoli. I finished off the evening with one of the Nut bars and a small glass of red wine. I am fairly sure I was still well under my carb limit for the day. Peter and I have tried to keep our total daily carbs under 25 grams. 

I had to work at it, but I managed to meet my water goal again today - so I made it a whole week. I really like how my fitbit gives me this visual reminder to help me meet my goal.  

Peter and I are still focused as we enter our second full month of Keto. There are some challenges ahead, including trips out of town, but if we just keep doing our best to limit carbs and increase our activity level I know we will continue to lose the weight and work toward becoming healthier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment