Monday, October 1, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 88


 Day 88 – 

Trying to negotiate staying on Keto with still being able to enjoy the typical weekend fun that we usually participate in can be tricky. I am really trying to see how I can still do all the activities I enjoy, but make them more Keto friendly. I know that being able to do this will mean that I can actually continue a low carb diet for long-term weight loss.  

Today we did just that. We went to one of our favorite sports bars to go watch NFL football.  Typically football Sundays involve drinking and often some not as healthy foods and snacks.  

I started with a yummy breakfast wrap, but because a tortilla shell has about 15 total carbs I removed as much excess from the tortilla that I reasonably could. I know I could just order scrambled eggs, but I am honestly tired of just having scrambled eggs and I am trying to find possible low carb alternatives that I can eat.  I probably only ate half of the tortilla. 
At halftime I decided to get some wings. Fortunately these wings are not breaded so they are Keto friendly. I also made sure to ask for all celery and no carrots with my wings. 

I did decide to have a mimosa but I made sure to have it very light on orange juice so it was basically champagne, which has very few carbs. 


Later that night I made myself some zoodles with alfredo sauce. 


I am not sure why it came out different but the sauce was really thick this time; it tasted great though. 

2 comments:

  1. this is great - I started Keto last week - and mostly ok so far. I didn't know about carrots being non-keto friendly which i take from your post.
    Love the Zoodles option...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm so glad it was helpful. There are lots of Keto Facebook groups and websites where you can learn more. Carrots are actually pretty high in carbs, you can have some but not too many. Our goal is to stay around 25 day carbs or less if possible so that is really low. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete