Friday, October 12, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 99

Day 99 – 

It is amazing to realize we only have one more day left in our 100 day challenge. 


I started my day with a nice calm morning; I had my coffee and then in mid-morning I ate some scrambled eggs and a couple pieces of bacon.  I did some household chores then jumped in the shower and headed out for work.  

Both work and traffic took longer than I planned but I actually wasn’t too hungry. Since I have been skipping breakfast a lot, I think the bacon and eggs kept me feeling full until I got home.


For dinner I made some salmon and Peter had a steak. I also made up some oven-roasted cauliflower.  I knew I was hungry because I ate really fast, which is not healthy. Eating too fast can mess with your digestion and often can make you eat more because you haven’t given your body a chance to feel full yet. Another helpful hint is to make sure to drink water with your meals and take a few sips between bites. 

After dinner I did treat myself to a glass of wine and one of the Atkins candy bars that Peter brought home last week. While they are not particularly healthy, they are certainly much better than a ‘real’ candy bar and they do help with that sweet craving that I still get once in awhile. Another thing I use when I have cravings is a spoonful of natural peanut butter. Even with low sugar, peanut butter has a sweetness that helps to curb cravings, but those carbs can add up quickly so its important to only have one or two spoons and then quickly put the jar away so you are not tempted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment