Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 90

Day 90 – 

Today was a cool rainy day so it seemed perfect for a crockpot recipe. 

I read comments from several people online in my Keto groups talking about something called Crack Chicken so I decided I had to give it a try. Here is link to the recipe I found.
 http://fitmomjourney.com/slow-cooker-crack-chicken/

Slow Cooker Crack Chicken

It takes 4 ingredients and less than 5 minutes to put together.
It's super simple to make:
Put 4 chicken breasts in the bottom of a (linked) slow cooker.  It's totally ok for them to be completely, totally frozen.  Keep it easy.
Dump 2 packets of ranch dressing mix over the chicken breasts.
Then place 2 blocks of cream cheese on top of the chicken.
Set the slow cooker to low for 8 hours, then hustle out the door to work & school.
When it's almost time to serve the Crack Chicken, microwave some bacon, crumble it, and stir it in.  Bonus points if you also microwave a broccoli steamer to serve the Slow Cooker Crack Chicken over.

It was very easy; I put the chicken in the crockpot, covered it with the seasoning packets and put the cream cheese on top and turned it on. I love crockpot cooking, just set it and forget it.   


While the chicken was cooking I decided to make myself some breakfast, or more accurately some brunch since it was after 11:00am. I followed the instructions and once again made two cheese buns (the recipe with half cup of mozzarella cheese and one egg). I also made myself a fried egg to go with it. 


After about 4 hours I did open the crockpot to check on the dish and since the cream cheese was still basically in large chunks on top of the chicken I did stir it around a bit to ensure that it melted properly.  When Peter got home we fried up some cauliflower rice and served the chicken over rice. It was VERY thick and creamy but it tasted delicious. Peter was a big fan. 

There are a lot of great Keto alternatives for meals. 


No comments:

Post a Comment