Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 96

Day 96 -  


Despite not losing any weight for the past few days I am still trying my best to stick with my new healthy eating choices. This morning I started with some quick coffee as I ran out of the house for work. 

I forgot to grab a snack and I admit that by lunchtime when we were finished I was really hungry, but I had a few important chores to do on the way home and I didn’t get back until almost 2:00pm. I was trying to think of a good fast lunch meal to make but realized I had not done the dishes last night and there were no clean pans to cook with. I was tired, hungry and grumpy so I simply grabbed some cheese and the few remaining Keto cheese crackers that Peter and I had made yesterday and I ate those along with a big glass of water.


Feeling better I did the dishes and a few other important household chores and when Peter got home I decided to make myself some of the frozen shrimp with some cauliflower rice. Peter had one of his leftover steaks. 


I wished that I had some other veggies to go with my meal, but it tasted great and filled me up. 

After dinner Peter and I went out to a democratic meeting and on the way home we were talking about our diet. Peter was commenting that for him it is easier to see the weight loss because he holds much of his weight in his belly. He can tangibly see the results as he literally tightens his belt another notch. For me it is harder to really see results since my weight is distributed all across my body so the changes are more subtle. We both agree that we are feeling better and that is the most important part. 

2 comments:

  1. I am always impressed with your commitment to the Keto eating plan no matter how your day has gone...you didn't give in to frustration and hunger. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Candi, one of the things that helped me was to not have anything in the house that might tempt me. If I didn't have it I was unlikely to go out and get it. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete