Sunday, October 7, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 93

Day 93
After my morning coffee I decided to make myself some breakfast sausage. I do admit I was really craving pancakes and syrup with my sausage, but I did not have the ingredients for Keto style pancakes, nor did I have any sugar fee syrup so I guess that will have to wait for another day. 

I was feeling really angry and frustrated about national political events and I just needed some escape time in the afternoon. I tried to make myself some cheese chips, but they didn’t get as crunchy as I had hoped so it came out more like cheese jerky once it cooled, but it was a fun snack to eat while relaxing and reading. 

After Peter got home we went out on a special date night and we both decided to not worry about staying Keto for our dinner. At first Peter said we could cheat but I challenged him and myself on that language. We were NOT cheating, we made a choice to enjoy our special meal and not worry about counting carbs. I really do believe that life is meant to be enjoyed and if I constantly focus on what I cannot have I know this ‘diet’ is doomed to failure. I think it is okay to make a conscious choice once in awhile to simply relax and have fun without worrying about carbs. 

Peter chose a delicious looking wild boar entrée and he enjoyed it very much.

I chose to have roasted duck, and they served it with grilled parsnip, which I had never had before. It tastes like a combination of a carrot and a radish. 

We both chose to share a desert, a tres leches cake and ice cream dish. 

On a positive note after dinner we spent over an hour walking around the new exhibit at the Desert Botanical Garden so we did manage to get some exercise in after our meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment