Monday, October 8, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 95

Day 95 – 
 Peter and I got up and went to meet some friends to watch football. The majority of items on the breakfast menu are not Keto friendly so I simply chose to order a side of scrambled eggs and a side of bacon. The regular entrée comes with hash browns and toast so obviously I can't have any of those. 

Later after halftime Peter ordered some wings and I had a couple wings too as well. I drank two mimosas with very little orange juice so I know I was still pretty low in my carbs.

In the afternoon I asked Peter to help me make the Keto cheese crackers that I had tried before
but this time Peter decided to fry up a couple pieces of bacon to crumble into the crackers and we made sure to roll them extremely thin. 
They came out much better than the first time I made them, but I did burn the edges of the first batch.  I didn’t mind eating the burnt ones and they really had that crispy cracker feeling that I had been craving. 

Later for dinner Peter cooked up some mushrooms and ate them with some leftover steak. I just had some of the leftover breakfast sausage that I had cooked the day before. 

4 comments:

  1. Day #95! Congrats! Mushrooms and steak sounds really good right about now. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alana! I am really excited to be so close to our 100 day goal. I will still try to keep low carb and exercise, but I won't be doing the daily blogging.

      Delete
  2. My goodness, I am so impressed. Props to you for sticking to it even with just a few options at breakfast. Plus, those cheese crackers sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lois - I appreciate the kind words, it has been a challenge but I am excited about losing the weight. Thirty pounds is a really fantastic amount but I have a long way to go.

      Delete