Sunday, October 28, 2018

Our Keto Journey - October update


I wanted to give a quick update to everyone who has followed my journey so far....
Right after completing our 100 days of Keto I jumped on a plane with a friend to complete a dream trip to Thailand.Thanks to my Keto weight loss I was more comfortable on the plane, but I still have much more to lose.

 I had decided before the trip started that my Keto diet would only be followed while in the United States and that any trip abroad would be a reason to suspend my Keto lifestyle. 


I tried all kinds of amazing food including mango sticky rice 
fresh coconut ice cream 
and of course fabulous Thai food like Pad Thai 

After a week of vacation I was slightly worried that I might have gained weight, and yes I was up about 3-4 pounds when I got home but within two days I was back to where I had been. I am not sure if I was retaining water from the long flights or if I just managed to quickly regulate my system back to normal.  

Peter and I have not been strictly Keto since finishing our 100 days, but we have focused on a low carb lifestyle and making healthy choices.  We did treat ourselves to some popcorn the other night while watching a movie. It was the first popcorn we have had in over 5 months.  Making the choice to occasionally have a treat is okay; in fact it is good if it keeps us from feeling deprived. 


I have tried to continue making low-carb/keto-friendly food and this morning when Peter said we had some sausages I decided to try a recipe for Keto pancakes.  
They were great. They did not come out as light and fluffy as regular pancakes, but they were sweet and yummy and with sugar free syrup they are an amazing low carb substitute for breakfast. 

Here is the link for the low carb pancake recipe: 

It has now been over two weeks since we finished our 'official' Keto journey and I am down 2 more pounds.  Despite eating all kinds of interesting thai food, I was so busy and active touring sites and walking a ton each day.  Now that I am home I am working hard on continuing to make good healthy choices regarding what I eat. 



3 comments:

  1. I've just been doing keto for a few weeks and loved it, but found a few unfortunate side affects have stopped me from continuing. Glad you loved Thailand and experienced good foods there... imagine if you were not still focused on the overall healthy lifestyle that Keto promotes you may have found it harder to jump back into it. Thai food is generally a great way to do Keto due to the genearl lack of high carbs in many of thier foods (if you take out the rice for example). Great articles - thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thai food is full of fresh veggies and fairly low in carbs as well as delicious. Thanks for stopping by my blog

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete