Thursday, October 11, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 98

Day 98 –

This morning I grabbed some coffee and headed to work. I had a quick nut bar during my morning training and that seemed to be enough to last until lunchtime. 
 Right after my morning training I had to run an errand and then I was off to go across town to see a client for work. I had a few minutes so I decided to stop at Wendy’s and grab a quick salad for lunch. Although the chicken did have some breading, this salad was a good Keto choice for lunch. 
When I got home I had a nice healthy snack with some cheese and pecans. Nuts and cheese are both excellent choices for Keto, they are higher in good fats and protein with very little carbs. 


I am so happy the weather is finally cooling off, which adds a whole bunch of great outdoor opportunities for exercise. It was so beautiful out and Lexi politely asked me to take her on a walk, and by politely I mean she jumped up and down and stared at me. She could feel the beautiful weather too so we went on a really long walk that lasted for almost two hours. Of course the one day I know I would have exceeded my 10,000 steps I was not wearing my fitbit because I had forgotten to put it back on after my shower. We walked a path that I call the big loop; it is about four miles and both Lexi and I were tired by the time we got home. 

I wasn’t feeling very hungry when I got home so I decided to skip dinner and just had a couple more pieces of cheese in the evening. Learning how to listen to my body signals is important. If I am not feeling hungry I do not need to eat. We are so trained and accustomed to eating at certain times, but our bodies may not need food at that time. Learning to listen to hunger has been one of the really important lessons of this 100 day challenge so far. 

4 comments:

  1. Listening to hunger is all important, as is realizing that "hunger" isn't always hunger. Sometimes it is thirst. Sometimes it's just looking at something good and wanting to partake. It's a skill we have when we are born but too many of us lose it as we grow up. It can be a struggle for me. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alana - I totally agree, my mother used to say she didn't have an 'enough' button so she didn't know when to stop eating. I think we all have one we just stop listening to it.

      Delete
  2. hi
    https://meandmychubbyadventures.blogspot.com

    can you live my post dofollow let me
    know post price waiting reply thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi
    https://meandmychubbyadventures.blogspot.com

    can you live my post dofollow let me
    know post price waiting reply thank you

    ReplyDelete