Thursday, October 4, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 91

Day 91 – 

Wow, it really does feel impressive to be on day 91. I am a bit frustrated because I feel like my weight is not only NOT going down right now, but it actually went back up two pounds. I could understand after our ‘cheating’ last weekend, but I have been so careful for the past 3-4 days and it still isn’t moving down. I am wondering if maybe there is a hormonal reason for being stuck. Even though I am technically in menopause, I do know that I still have an occasional episode of retaining water, craving carbs and feeling grumpy. This might be the reason I am stuck this week. 

Today I started with my usual coffee. I was actually hungry at work this morning, but luckily I had planned for that and I had brought one of the healthy nut bars. It was a perfect option to keep me going until lunch. 


I only had to work half a day so when I came home I cooked up the leftover zoodles with alfredo sauce. I added some spinach in for even more veggie goodness with nutrients and fiber.  


For dinner Peter and I both had some leftovers. I re-heated some of the crack chicken and made some fresh broccoli to go with it. At first Peter didn’t want any broccoli but he decided to have some and even said it came out great. I am really working hard to ALWAYS include veggies with our meals. 

After dinner I asked Peter to help ‘force me’ to go to the YMCA. It is so easy to feel ‘too tired’ after a busy day and I let him know I need his help and support to get there. This is still an area that we struggle with. I know I always feel better after I go, but sometimes it is just so hard to make myself get out the door. Going together has really helped quite a bit. 


I managed to do my 30 minutes on the treadmill and I pushed myself to walk at 3.0 speed so it was a good workout.


The really big news is that despite my slight bump in weight for the past two days on my home scale, I checked on the YMCA scale and I have lost a total of 30 pounds since we started our Keto journey. 


That is an average of 10 pounds per month, which is really encouraging, and it makes me feel like I really can reach my goal weight. 

2 comments:

  1. So what is it about Keto that you that you think is the difference for you losing weight? What have you tried before? How many calories are you consuming per day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra - I don't count calories - I think that is one of the things I like most about Keto. I am just being very conscious of what I eat, and trying to remove all the high carb sugars and starches from my diet. I am also very fortunate to be doing this with my hubby. I am not a big dieter, but I have tried to watch what I eat (more salads, etc) and have never had any real success. Keto is different because the ability to eat fat, which helps you feel fuller and the weight is definitely coming off. Reducing the carbs are the key.

      Delete