Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Our Keto Journey - Day 26

Day 26 – 

Today my goal is hydration. I want to ensure that I am fully hydrated. When you do not drink enough water, your body receives mixed signals on hunger. Dehydration causes you to believe you need to eat when you really need water.  I really like that my fitbit has a tool for tracking how much water I drink.  According to my fitbit I should be drinking 64 ounces of water daily and as you can see I have not come close to that goal. To be fair I have not always remembered to log all my water, and I have not logged other drinks like crystal light or the diet green tea that I sometimes drink. 
I made myself an egg for breakfast, and really concentrated on drinking water all morning, so I had finished two full water bottles by noon, well on my way to meeting my goals. The only major downside to drinking all that water is frequently going to the bathroom. 

For lunch I wanted to be brave and test out my new spiralizer. First I looked at some websites and I found this one with an easy step-by-step video (https://pinchofyum.com/8-life-changing-ways-to-use-a-spiralizer) then I prepared a cucumber to add to a salad. 

I am excited to try even more recipes with my new spiralizer; maybe I can even try to do a veggie version of spaghetti. 

By the early afternoon I had already finished four bottles of water! At this rate I will have no problem meeting my daily goal and hopefully even exceeding it. I want to try and meet this goal every single day this week to help make this an ongoing habit.

When Peter got home I had some of the leftover Cauliflower fried rice dish from yesterday and it was even better the second day. Peter decided he wanted to make something with chicken and mushrooms and I have no idea what he did but he just started throwing things into the pan and he came up with a bizarre concoction that he called Mexican chop suey. He said it was actually very good and he even saved some for lunch the next day. 

The swelling on my ankle was down a bit, so Peter and I headed over to the Y to go workout. I skipped the treadmill and did the stationary bicycle for 20+ minutes and then I did a bunch of the weight machines.  I did some arm weights and some leg machines, and I was sweating a bunch so I know I was getting both cardio and strength training. Peter said he had a great swim.   

In the evening we relaxed watching some episodes of Drunk History and I enjoyed a glass of wine. As long as I keep it to only one glass, the 3 or 4 extra carbs are not a big deal. 

It has been really great to go on this diet journey with Peter. Being able to support and encourage each other has been so helpful, and his weight loss is really starting to show. His clothes already look looser. 

My weight loss is going much slower than Peter’s, which I honestly expected. Men always seem to loose weight more quickly than women. I think our bodies are designed to hold on to weight – after all we are designed to give birth and feed infants, so our bodies naturally like to hang on to those stores of fat. I am going to be excited to see my total weight loss after a month. I would love to just snap my fingers or take a magic pill, but I know that weight loss is a long hard journey.  

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it always the way that guys lose weight with no problem and women do it slowly or not at all? So not fair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca, It is frustrating but as long as we keep losing weight that's all that really matters.

      Delete